"Building Futures shaped by Faith, Knowledge and Love"
As a Federation, we have designed our PSHE curriculum (Personal, Social and Health Education) around the Jigsaw programme.
The Jigsaw philosophy is about valuing and respecting every individual for who they are, and empowering them to be happy, healthy and compassionate human beings, who are international citizens with agency.
We also host regular themed sessions and a healthy and happy week with pupils to enhance their understanding of spiritual, moral, social and cultural opportunities as well as how to look after our mental and physical health.
We want our children:
- To value and respect each other and celebrate difference
- To be happy and healthy in body and mind
- To be compassionate citizens
We have a two-year rolling programme which consists of six half-term units of work (Puzzles), sequentially-ordered through the academic year reflecting children’s needs at different stages. Each class group works on the same Puzzle at the same time at its own level, deepening and broadening children’s learning through Jigsaw’s spiral curriculum.
Jigsaw lessons are based upon the principles of the Jigsaw charter which are rules understood by all children and are referred to in every lesson. This charter enables lessons to be fun and fair.
- Our pupils develop the knowledge, skills and attributes they need to manage their lives now and in the future.
- Our Jigsaw learning helps them stay healthy, safe and prepares them from life in modern Britain.
- Our children have good health and well-being and because of this they can achieve better academically.
RSE DAY Celebrating Difference – Everyone Can Sparkle
The children had a fantastic time celebrating their differences and recognising what makes them special and unique. The children took part in lots of activities and all ‘sparkled’ with their own glittery tattoo. At the end of the day in Collective Worship, the children shared their work that they produced around diversity and treating one another with respect.